Are your teeth are looking rather yellow lately and you are not sure why?
Yellow teeth occur when the hard, white surface of your teeth begins to fade away, this is called the enamel (you may have heard that in the dentist or on tv adverts.) Under the enamel is a pale brown element called dentin which will begin to show as the enamel wares away. This then causes your teeth to look a yellow colour, rather than white.
Now do not fear, not everyone has natural dazzling white teeth, most people have a natural tinge of yellow or grey, this doesn’t make them unhealthy. However, there are causes of why they can be a tinted colour, cutting down on the following things may help you.
- Fizzy drinks
- Red wine
- White wine
- Drinks with artificial colouring
We know cutting out tea and coffee, (and probably wine) can be hard. We suggest adding a little more milk to your drink so it’s less strong in colour or rinsing out your mouth with water after you finish your drink to give your teeth a little clean.
- Blueberries, blackberries and pomegranates (dark coloured fruits)
- Sweets and Chocolate
- Balsamic vinegar or other dark vinegars or sauces
- Tomato based foods (such as pasta sauces)
- Lemons, oranges, tomatoes and pickles (citrus acid-based foods.)
Limiting the amount of times, you eat the above goods will reduce the chances of yellow teeth. Sugar based snacks are seen as the devil for your teeth, ever remember your parents saying "your teeth will fall out with all those sweets" ? We do! If you are having a sugar craving we suggest rinsing your mouth out with water and brushing your teeth at least twice a day.
How else can I prevent yellow teeth?
Obviously always brushing your teeth with decent toothpaste always helps protect your teeth and prevent staining. However, we suggest trying our Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder which significantly brightens and whitens teeth by removing discolouration and stains from the surface of your teeth.
Benefits of our Shine Powder:
- Super fine Activated Charcoal powder polishes your teeth clean.
- Naturally whitens teeth
- Helps to prevent bacteria growth in the mouth
- Leave your teeth feeling as clean and fresh.
The activated carbon promotes great oral hygiene by adjusting the PH balance in your mouth. By absorbing the plaque that damages teeth and restoring them to their pristine whiteness.
Get yours HERE for just £5 now and simply:
- Brush for 2 minutes, swill and rinse your mouth after use.
- For best results brush teeth with regular and decent toothpaste after use.